Monday, December 1, 2008

Feliz Navidad!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and "Feliz Navidad" as Oalin just told me. He really says the funniest things lately. Last night he told me, "When Kheenan gets bigger, and grows a lot of teeth like me, I will bring him to Grandpa's and take out the container out of the cabinet and give him a DELLLLLLICIOUS cookie and he'll say, 'mmm. That's good." and then I'll show him how to dunk it in milk and he'll say, "Oh! That's wonderful!" I just can't help but smile every time he talks. (I don't smile when he whines.) This weekend, was, busy. Come on. When is the Vivathana Family not busy. We had plans the whole weekend to go and cut down our Christmas tree. (Last month, we tagged "The perfect tree to celebrate Jesus"). Friday and Saturday flew by with no tree. So, Sunday before we went to my nephew, William's, 1st birthday party (how exciting!!) we decided to go and cut it down. Of course, Kheenan was exhausted and fell asleep 30 minutes before we were supposed to go. I really wanted to go as a family, but I knew Kheenan needed to sleep so thankfully, "Uncle Brett", was at the house and was willing to stay with him. We sang Christmas songs all the way to the tree farm and stopped to wave at every horse, cow, and llama. Oalin, in the spirit of Christmas, wore his elf hat. As we stepped out of the car I suddenly realized I had forgotten Oalin's jacket at home! We had quite the laugh as we put my jacket and mittens on Oalin and I wrapped myself in a blanket! Oalin could have cared less that he was flopping around in my dress-like jacket. We had a great time "finding" our Christmas Tree and Oalin was very excited to get to cut it with Daddy. Oalin even helped carry the tree to the car. The only thing missing was our sweet Kheenan. But, as we walked in the door and I saw him sitting on Uncle Brett with the biggest smile, I knew that rest was a much better choice for him. I love Christmas time. I love cutting down the tree together. I love putting up colored Christmas lights outside that look so cheezy and hearing Oalin say, "AHH! They're so beautiful! Beautiful lights for Jesus' birthday!!". I love reading about Christmas to the boys. I love Christmas music. I love family time and refocusing my priorities. I hope all of you are enjoying the season as much as us!
"Mommy, I gave Kheenan a toy."
"I'm going to read the directions. (It's actually a map to the tree). It says, 'First, cut the tree.' Then, decorate it."
Silly Christmas outfits didn't stop us! Brrr.. it was cold out that morning!

Uncle Brett and Kheenan!! (Shhh.. don't tell Uncle Brett, I'm sure he wouldn't approve of me posting his picture!!)

1 comment:

Nate, Michelle, Trent, Dylan and Aliya said...

so much fun! I am glad that you are enjoying the holiday season! The picture with all the toys is so funny!!!