Sunday, October 12, 2008

My life makes sense

I heard from Sung last night. He was preparing to get his head (and eyebrows!) shaved and go to the temple. He said that people had been up all night preparing for the ceremony. Though our talk was extremely short he said,"The living conditions are so poor here. It's so sad. Everything my parents have done, decisions they have made, now all make sense. My life seems to make more sense." Obviously, being there just a few days has already made a profound impact on him.
The boys and I are doing well, but we all miss Sung so much. Oalin asks about him constantly. After being together nearly ten years, it feels revitalizing to hang up the phone each of us saying, "Bye." five times over waiting for the other to hang up first. :) I'll let you know when I hear from him again!!

Found this clip of Lao monks collecting alms (that's the rice I talked about earlier).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaKciqlmkdQ&feature=related

No comments: