Today, I decided that I would take the kids to the beach (we haven't gone this entire summer!) in lieu of cleaning the house for a showing this afternoon. It was a last minute decision, so I, literally, threw things in the car until it was full and off we went. I set the GPS on the way because I didn't even have time to check where it was I was going. Half way there I decided that the GPS wasn't correct. Time after time, turn after turn, I would "disobey" my little machine and the man would tell us "recalculating" "recalculating" 30 minutes later Oalin asked, "Mommy, did you make a mistake?" I finally succumbed to the powers and said, "Fine, maybe it does know where to go" Sure enough it got us to our destination. As we drove in I couldn't help but smile.. so many memories of fun summer days with Aunt Claire burst into my mind. Suddenly, I felt like the kid in the car. As soon as we got there Oalin and I dumped as many things as we could onto the stroller, Kheenan had to go in the Bjorn because there was no room for him in the stroller, and then we quite literally ran down to the water. We had such a great time splashing around and playing together. It was a much needed reprieve from our hectic schedule lately. It reminded me of what was really important in life... taking time to make those beautiful memories that burn into a child's memory, just like Aunt Claire had done for me. Of course, in my haste this morning I left the camera sitting on the kitchen table, so I was forced to resort to taking photos with my cell.
During our trip I showed Oalin how to "pan for gold". He tried sifting the dirt and then jumped up shouting "I found a goldfish! I found a goldfish!" I guess in a 2 year old mind, finding a goldfish is better than gold. :)
No, Kheenan's hair is NOT blowing in the wind, that's all natural baby! We got many comments on it, today :) He loved splashing in the water with the big bro! Can you see our stuff in the background? We dumped it and ran in the water as soon as we got there.
2 comments:
It looks like you all had such a great time. Isn't it amazing how much fun you can have when you mix water, sand, sun and, of course, 2 little boys. I love the idea of panning for gold fish!
First of all this blog is a great idea! And oh my gosh Oalin looks so old! He looks so much like Sung! It's been WAY too long Ker! I can't wait to see you and the boys soon! I love Kheenan's hair--he looks like a little punk rocker! Sounds like a fun day at the beach even if you did try to outsmart your GPS = ) Keep up the blog!
Luv,
Danni
Post a Comment