Sunday, September 14, 2008

Aunt Claire's Garden


Last week, Kheenan, Oalin and I went to visit Aunt Claire. We had a wonderful time reminiscing and touring her garden. We were amazed at all the great fruits, vegetables, and flowers she is growing. Squash, tomatoes, strawberries, broccoli, grapes, peaches, mushrooms, pears, cranberries... and even peanuts! I must admit that I was beyond excited to see a peanut actually come from the ground and not a bag! After our delicious lunch with some garden treats it was time to go and Oalin was very sad :( In the car, Oalin told me he wanted to have a garden. I asked him what he would like to grow and he said, "Grapes, strawberries, and ice cream!" Considering how many things Aunt Claire is able to grow maybe next year she'll be "growing" ice cream, too :)

Oalin was worn out from our adventure to Aunt Claire's Garden, but was sure to cling tight to his Black Eyed Susan that she let him pick. (I think she should charge admission to see all of her fruits and vegetables!)

1 comment:

Nate, Michelle, Trent, Dylan and Aliya said...

Your pictures turned out great! It looked like a wonderful day, spent with a wonderful person. See you soon!!