Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Taste of Normalcy


In the midst of all of this chaos, I am desperately trying to keep a shred of normalcy for the boys. Today, Oalin and I carved his pumpkin and painted the others. Oalin was very excited to finally get to see a pumpkin "turn into a Jack-O-Lantern". I painted a tractor on Daddy's pumpkin and when I turned it around for Oalin to see, his eyes lit up. I thought to myself, "This, this moment, is why I'm not packing, or calling to shut off services to the house, or packing for this weekend, or doing anything else but spending time with Oalin." Oalin has been having a very hard time lately without Daddy. There have been many tears shed and a constant repetition of, "I love Daddy. I want Daddy to come home." Getting ourselves full of paint was exactly what both of us needed today. I did hear from Sung's mom. She said that "Cooba Sung" (Monk Sung) was doing well. Though she later went on to tell me that he said,"This is worse than any boot camp I've heard of." Now, some, who have actually been to boot camp may disagree, but for Sung this has obviously been difficult.
Here's Oalin with our pumpkins. Once he saw the tractor I painted, he did his own. I thought it was quite cute that he included a smoke stack and grass. He even put himself in the tractor, but he did it in black so you can't see him. He decided that he must be, "driving the tractor at night."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As proud as you are of Sung I am of you. I’m proud that as difficult as this time is for you, you focus is on the boys. You’re doing what you do best. You pick up and move on. Your strength is something I admire. Today you made a memory for you and Oalin.

With all my love,
Mom